Random MekaMon musings

• Has any thought been given to creating dedicated forelegs and backlegs for the MekaMon, as opposed to having each leg be identical? Or different sized legs that you can mix-and-match perhaps…

• With the trend of miniaturization in manufacturing, could we someday see a “MekaMon Mini”?

• In the “Meteoroids” game, it would be cool if we could have more power-ups; maybe some other types of weaponry, like missiles or mines, or ricocheting bullets perhaps.

• I wonder if we’ll ever be able to have more than one MekaMon interact in augmented reality, or if it just costs too much in terms of computing power.

I think a mini would sell well even if it was just a static or basic toy. But may be it could be a secondary ar prop to enhance the gaming app. Maybe even it could attach and detatch to the main unit and be deployed.

I feel any additional improvements to the AR would be beneficial to all.

Good ideas.

First off a mini would be far too adorable :smiley: @JKeane what’s the games team’s thoughts on the above?

There’s an AR release planned for March. However, it’s mostly focusing on performance and robustness, as well as tidying up how we’re doing a few things. We’ve built a multiplayer iOS test internally, but good cross platform support is a bit trickier. Our March release takes us a step in the right direction however, and it’s something we’re really eager to do.

They’re some good suggestions w.r.t. Meteoroids; we’ll have a think!

I just thought of another thing that could be fun to see implemented; being able to put up a shield to deflect an oncoming meteoroid :slight_smile: