Hey guys. We’ve just made 2.1.0 available on the App Store and Google Play. It’s probably our biggest content release ever, including:
- Meteoroids 2.0–now with markerless technology
- AR Freeplay–create a hugely customisable AR game, and battle it out
- AR Survival–battle waves of opponents. How long can you survive?
- Discovery–explore new depths of MekaMon lore
- Holiday themes!
- Huge performance improvements throughout the app
- Improved connectivity with your robot
- Various bug fixes and improvements
Some other things include some improved translations, tweaked IR performance in Battle and better feedback when choosing loadouts, and quite an overhaul of the connectivity with your robot, including some visual updates, and signal strength. You should also see more consistent performance from iOS, a reduced energy impact on both platforms, and some more stability on older/more unusual Android devices.
We’ve also added some fun winter theming, and special additions on Christmas day, Boxing day, and New Years Eve and Day.
We’ve also got a new firmware version for you:
- Longer lasting and more pronounced emotions
- Physical reactions - try pushing your MekaMon around, and see how it reacts
- Updated reactions to shield/weapon removal in different emotional states
- Leg connection reactions
Let us know what you think, and if there’s anything you’d like us to add in the next release!